Toys for Tots ready for Christmas
Published 11:34 pm Friday, November 1, 2013
Six collection sites have been set up in Prentiss for the county’s first-ever participation in the Toys For Tots program.
If you would like to contribute new, unwrapped toys for needy children in Jefferson Davis County, these toys can be dropped off at one of the following locations: Prentiss City Hall, The Country Fisherman, Palace Drugs & Gifts, Hudson’s Drugs, the Jefferson Davis County Superintendent of Education’s office and Prentiss Christian School.
Registration to participate in the Toys For Tots program will be held on Saturday, November 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on Sunday, November 24 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Ronald W. Jones Memorial Public Safety Complex in Prentiss.
Following are the requirements for registration:
1. ID of parent or legal guardian (with copy of court order).
2. Birth certificate of children to be registered.
3. Social Security cards of parent, children and anyone living in the home over the age of 18.
4. Proof of all income of entire household (i.e. pay stubs, SSI, Soc. Sec., Food Stamps or any other income).
5. Proof of expenses (mortgage, rent, utilities, phone, etc.).
6. Must be a resident of covered area.
7. Children 0-13 will be covered.
8. Cannot be registered with any other charitable organization.
Distribution of toys to eligible recipients will take place at the Ronald W. Jones Memorial Public Safety Complex on Sunday, December 15th from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Billy Henderson at (601) 260-5224.