PNII makes National Register
The National Register of Historic Places has added Prentiss Normal and Industrial Institute to its list of historic places worthy of preservation.
Prentiss Institute was established in 1907 by Professor Jonas Edward Johnson and his wife Bertha LaBranche Johnson.
On May 31, 2016, Rosie Hooker received a letter from the Mississippi Department of Archives and History stating that Prentiss Normal and Industrial Institute was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 16, 2016.
The National Register is the nation’s official list of buildings, sites, districts and structures that merit preservation because of their significance in American History.
Prentiss Institute Board of Trustee’s and Alumni are proud to receive this historic honor.
The Prentiss Institute Museums are open by appointment only. For appointments or more information contact Janice Armstrong at 601-847-1984 or Erma Hall at 601-569-2627.