October departmental reports given at Prentiss alderman meeting
Published 11:17 am Wednesday, October 20, 2021
The Mayor and Aldermen of the Town of Prentiss met in a regular meeting on Oct. 19, at Ronald W. Jones Memorial Safety Complex in Prentiss. Mayor Charley Dumas presided over the meeting. Aldermen in attendance were Willie Davis, Moochie Speights and Randy Stamps. Alderman Davis led in prayer and the agenda was adopted before departmental reports were given.
Public Works report:
- 6,615,000 gallons of water were pumped; 5,129,000 gallons of water were sold for a 22% loss.
- Repaired two aerators at the lagoon.
- Sewer tap on 5th Street
- Unstopped sewer lines on Tyrone Dr. and Leaf Ave.
- Trimmed kudzu in Longleaf Trace Park.
- Put flags out for Columbus Day
- Removed tree on Fred St.
- Installed 14 meters.
- Repaired leak in Rock Hill.
- Read water meters, picked up garbage, picked up limbs, cut and trimmed grass.
Prentiss Fire Department report:
- Participated in the JDCH and Prentiss Christian Homecoming parades.
- Annual pump test on fire trucks was performed; both trucks passed inspections.
- Jaws of Life call involving two fatalities.
- Assisted coroner with lifting.
- Two medical assists with CPR in progress.
- One house fire and one false alarm.
- Assisted Prentiss Police Department in washing down roadway after accident.
Prentiss Police Department report:
- Responded to four motor vehicle accidents, 18 alarms, 205 escorts, 10 citations, 112 complaints and seven arrests.
- Assisted in Prentiss Christian and JDCH Homecoming parades.
- Continued assistance at Prentiss Christian and JDCH football games.
- Still investigating Pierce murder on 1st St.
The old C-Store on Front St. and 184 has been condemned by the board. The structure will be removed and property cleared when schedule allows. The board approved lease financing of a tractor with a boom mower before the meeting was adjourned.