Board approves new marriage license software
Published 7:06 am Wednesday, May 4, 2022
The Jefferson Davis County Board of Supervisors met Monday for the first meeting in May. Rev. Jesse Holloway opened with prayer before the minutes were approved.
JDC Circuit Clerk Clint Langley presented the board with quotes for marriage license software which his office will begin using as soon as possible. Harris’ Delta Software will be used to maintain the marriage licenses that are recorded and digitized. Future marriage licenses will also be printed and recorded from this software. Marriages in Jefferson Davis County are currently and have previously been recorded in large bound books. This software will eliminate recording in these large books.
A second software company will be used to disassemble the books and scan and index each page. The books will then be in digital format and preserved if something disastrous were to happen. The books would still be in storage as a back-up. To date, the county has 29 books, with an average of 500 pages in each book. DataBank software was awarded the contract for the back scanning of the record books.
Email newsletter signup
Langley also informed the board of the Mississippi Voting Modernization Act that was passed recently by the State Legislature. This Act will provide funding for all counties in Mississippi to receive new voting equipment. The money will begin being dispersed July 1 and will provide $5,000 to each voting precinct in Jefferson Davis County.
Kyle East of Dungan Engineering gave an update of two emergency culvert repair jobs in the county.
Material has been delivered to the site on George Deen Road in District 3 and work is expected to start later this week by Beacon Construction.
After reviewing two quotes for the repair on Progress Road in District 1, the job was awarded to BenDar Construction.
In other board news, the board approved the following without opposition before the board went into executive session and the meeting was adjourned:
- Approved board president singing a resolution regarding the Emergency Road and Bridge Repair Fund Program.
- Approved board president signing SMAC Agreement and authorizing representative to complete forms.
- Approved board president signing the proxy to the Mississippi Public Entity Workers’ Compensation Trust and Mississippi Public Entity Employee Benefit Trust.
- Approved spreading into the minutes the first quarter 2022 SLFRF Compliance Report.
- Approved reimbursement on tax sale due to office error-$555.00.
- Approved employee action forms for Districts 2, 3, and 4.
- Approved spreading into the minutes employee action form for JDC Sheriff’s Department.
- Discussion of landfill employee.
- Approved acceptance of endorsement refund from MASIT-$1,292.11.
- Approved payment of truck window hit by rock while weed eating-District 1.
- Approved overage on cold mix asphalt-District 5.
- Approved payment to Warren & Warren-District 1 countywide project $35,698.26.
- Approved advertising county resources with WJDR at the JDCHS graduation-$120.00.
- Approved destruction of records-2018 and prior receiving reports.
- Approved employee refund on insurance policy change.
- Approved claims.